How slow and janky will the app get it every ...

How slow and janky will the app get it every single column, view, etc. Has a select formula in the display name?

So, I’m planning my app(s) with data partitioning. Basically each of my clients will get their own partition. Currently working in Google sheets… I want the app(s) to be multi lingual so each client can choose languages and/or change the names of enums, column headers, views, etc. So, I was planning on having a table with every display name, etc and programmatically call the correct display name with a select…

0 6 380
6 REPLIES 6

I seem to recall a webinar from a couple of weeks ago, where Santiago demonstrates how to do this without the use of Select lookup…

LOOKUP() (which is essentially a macro for SELECT) is pretty quick. It comes down to the filter function in the SELECT. If it is a simple equality, then things are quick. If not, then it can be slow.

@praveen thank you Praveen! I guess I’m asking for advice… In your opinion, do you think I should go for it, or do you feel like in reality it’s just too heavy?

If you are using LOOKUPs, you should be ok. It was designed to enable localization, so my advice would be yes,

go for it.

Thanks, in on it!

Hi Grant,

I am not sure if there was any conversation before this post but I am commenting because it seems to relate to a thought I have been having about how to implement multi-lingual capability in Appshet. It is quite possible that others have had this idea as well, but I can’t find it anywhere…so I will mention it here.

It seems conceivable that multi-lingual apps could be implemented by allowing multiple field descriptions to be entered (different field descriptions for each language needed) and at the start of the app, the user could hit a button to choose their langauge and that would be attached to their credentials and be used to determine which paticular occurence of description field be usd for that user.

Top Labels in this Space