How, specifically, would I use an appsheet we...

How, specifically, would I use an appsheet webhook to a mail service like mailgun.com to send an email? I’m looking to create and attach a PDF to this email, have a good to/cc/from subject body, maybe image attachements… Do we have a tutorial or a write-up somewhere?

@Aleksi_Alkio @Brian_Sabino I decided to start a new threads for this. Not sure if you can point me in the right direction here.

0 6 305
6 REPLIES 6

@Grant_Stead

Have you explored using Zapier?

You could create a Zapier webhook as the “trigger” as described here: help.appsheet.com - Integrate with Zapier

You could then create a mailgun action to send the mail.

I am not sure how the pdf attachment or image attachments would work.

Integrate with Zapier help.appsheet.com

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh so then, the only way to get appsheet to generate a PDF. Is through the appsheet workflow email situation?

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh I think I can figure out the hook directly to mailgun, it’s the attachment situation that I can’t figure out

A better route for us would be to allow you to have your own email service account, but send the same message content/PDF/etc to it. Just like we do with SMS messages. Its something we are considering.

@praveen please do. It would be awesome to be able to have a nice template report, and workflow it through our own email services.

@praveen also, a way to create the reports, and save them in drive, and then attach them to the record so that they can be viewed/visible in the app…

Top Labels in this Space