How to actually read the download search results

When I check the logs of my apps there’s a download “search” results. When I do this it just displays the logs in what I will assume is a json/xml but just in the browser. There is no actual download of the logs. How should we go about reading this?

1 8 419
8 REPLIES 8

There isn’t a clear way to do it. You can select all → copy → paste but it’s unclear why this can’t be exported to a CSV or even a JSON file. It would be great if the error reporting process was upgraded in general.

It is a JSON file. What you’re seeing is just your browser directly viewing the file, because it is one of the file types that it knows how to view. Just like an HTML file. Go to your browser menu and select “Save page” or similar.

I agree with you. Not sure why it is not be downloaded as simple csv.

Currently it is downloaed as JSON, but they are heavily nested, not easy to transfer to the tablular data.

I dont think not many user are using this function (download logs) .

On the enterprise plan, there is api to get the billing, usage data, which we daily use. I m not sure why there is no API endpoint is given to us to access performance/audit log throug API at all.
API should be there, I just hope sometime in the future, AppSheet team to open to us to use API get the access to those logs.

My annoyance was the “Download Search” not downloading just opening a few thousand line wall of text in my browser. I got on my way shortly after but I’m also a software engineer. It’s a very anti-low code solution from the low code platform. @tsuji_koichi I don’t think many users use the audit history or performance analyzer features to their fullest let alone downloading and manipulating the result. This isn’t because I don’t think user desire to do that, I think its due to the difficulty of using the features in the first place that is holding them back. I would love to be able to use an API to make my own dashboard of all my apps various sync times over the last 24hrs and show all failed logs from the audit history. I just randomly find out from my end users that “oh the app that normally takes 5 seconds to load has been taking 50 seconds for past 2 weeks” or “my app hasn’t made any syncs in the past 2 days and it keeps giving me this error when I click sync”. Administrating apps currently sucks and sucks even more because the data to make it easier is already there its just unobtainium.

Another headache with this is we only can see max 1000 record per one time. If we have more than 1000 logs during the periods, from and to (usually we do have more than 1000 for heavily used app) then we need to adjust range, from/to datetime value to extract the desired logs. Headache, we dont have much time to do this.
This makes logs feature un-useful to me.

We have had instances where 1000 records is not even 1 hr of time. And this was when it would take like 45 second to a minute to load each set of records when you adjusted the time. At least now it seems MILDLY faster at pulling another 1000 records. but if im not careful I can easily over shoot my 1000 record windows and miss what im looking for. Very good point.

Same here.

The best solution I’ve found is using

• a Selenium script to download the results on a regular basis
  • Parse the JSON into a large data frame
  • create a hash id from a list of all of the columns in each row
  • split the dataframes into their respective tables
  • load them into an app and then relate the tables using the hash id

It’d be great if the automation monitor just did this automatically.

Top Labels in this Space