How to add chat function?

how to add chat function? It is easy ?Glide is easy to set up chat function.

0 9 3,265
9 REPLIES 9

@toshihide_takeda
You may want to check this:

How do I show the number of mailboxes or unread notifications. As shown in the picture, I circle it in black.

Thanks you!

@Le_Van_Luyen
You need to use a combination of CONCATENATE() and COUNT() expressions in the Display Name of the UX View.
CONCATENATE("Inbox( ",COUNT(...)," )")
or
"Inbox ("&COUNT(...)&" )"

Muito bom , pode disponibiliza o template?

thanks

Is there similar app???

I cant make same function.

I need template

@toshihide_takeda
These are all custom solutions therefore there is no sample app. The logic is quite simple to build, so you need to make your hands a bit dirty

Thanks you so much!

Youโ€™re welcome.

@Le_Van_Luyen , @LeventK, @toshihide_takeda

Curious if you could use Google Chat if that were available as a Data Source? Would this be an interesting new Feature for AppSheet?

1. Do you use Google Chat already as a messaging tool?
  2. Or, do you use some other messaging tool like WhatsApp, Slack, MS Teams, other?

FYI: There is a nice post by @tsuji_koichi here on how to post messages to a Google Chat Room or conversation using a Workflow Action.

And finally, here is a great post by @LeventK with instructions for how to build an app (with a link to a sample app you can start from) where you use a Sheet as your data source for In-App messaging - with an inbox, sent folder, drafts, deleted items, archive, etcโ€ฆ Itโ€™s pretty slick and you could check this out if you just want to use AppSheet as your โ€œchatโ€ tool without dependency on something like Google Chat or WhatsApp, etcโ€ฆ

R,
Scott

Top Labels in this Space