How to add to Lat/long

Hi, I’m working with Lat/long on a map of locations and people. I have pins on a map that represent these. I have a workflow that changes the lat/long of people to be the same as the location when they press a button to “move there”. However, since they have identical Lat/long’s and are on the same map, the pins stack on top of each other and then I can’t see or select one or the other easily. I need help either figuring out a way to select either pin easily even if they’re on top of each other, or my other solution was to have the person’s pin be offset from the location’s by something like “00.0050, 00.0050” so it would just appear next to it but far enough separate that I could select them. I’m trying to think how I could say “when I want the person to move there, change [their lat/long] to [that location’s lat/long]+00.0050, 00.0050” or something. Any suggestions?

Solved Solved
0 3 252
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can use Lat() to extract the decimal latitude from your Lat/long, then add a decimal to it, then Concatenate that back into a lat/long

CONCATENATE(LAT(Any(Select(Player Characters Movement[Game Location Location to],And([Time]=MAX(Player Characters Movement[Time]),[Player Character ID]= [_Thisrow].[Player ID]))))+00.0050
,", ",
LONG(Any(Select(Player Characters Movement[Game Location Location to],And([Time]=MAX(Player Characters Movement[Time]),[Player Character ID]= [_Thisrow].[Player ID]))))
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I’m thinking of using like a SUBSTITUTE(), MID(), LEFT(), or RIGHT() to edit it?

You can use Lat() to extract the decimal latitude from your Lat/long, then add a decimal to it, then Concatenate that back into a lat/long

CONCATENATE(LAT(Any(Select(Player Characters Movement[Game Location Location to],And([Time]=MAX(Player Characters Movement[Time]),[Player Character ID]= [_Thisrow].[Player ID]))))+00.0050
,", ",
LONG(Any(Select(Player Characters Movement[Game Location Location to],And([Time]=MAX(Player Characters Movement[Time]),[Player Character ID]= [_Thisrow].[Player ID]))))
)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space