How to add your custom code?

Hi,
I am trying to create an application in appsheet using oracle database can anyone please suggest me how should I use my own custom code to this app?

0 11 2,358
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet has no accommodation for โ€œcustom codeโ€.

Is this still the case?

There is still no intrinsic way to add custom code to Appsheet. Many users use Google Apps Scripts though. Separate from Appsheet, but on the same data.

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the timely reply! Iโ€™ve used Google App Scripts a few times and Iโ€™m a fairly confident programmer. Where can I find documentation on this integration with App Scripts?. Furthermore, just to confirm I can not embed any front-end UI changes correct? App Scripts just acts as back-end integration for data management I assume.

There is no โ€œintegrationโ€ between Appsheet and GAS, and so there is no documentation. It is a completely separate platform. Nonetheless, you can find some information on this community with a simple search.

I do not know what โ€œfront-end UI changesโ€ means.

UI = User-interface. For example, if a customer wants to add a blinking icon to their app that might need custom code to perform such an action. However, I do not have experience with AppSheet so I do not know its full capabilities. That being said if there is a feature a customer wants on the User Interface but itโ€™s not included by default a developer like myself would like to customize the user interface manually with embedded code. I understand AppSheet is a no-code platform and probably does not allow customization on the level I am seeking. I just thought I would confirm my suspicion though. App Script is powerful and might be able to do what I am looking for thank you for that recommendation and Iโ€™ll take a look into that right now.

Correct.

osteom

What ?? no custom code, no integration with google contacts ??
Is there anything that is better than in google appmaker ??
In fact its only possible to make some forms ? no way to write some lines ot interact with other api ? then its pretty useless !

A great many successful app creators would beg to differ.

Annoying but not useless by any means.
I do agree having to move from one thing to another would make it seem like that but youโ€™re using
a software and google is known to kill them so you are always running that risk of having to completely change.

Although I donโ€™t agree with you that Appsheet is useless, I am still reeling with the fact that Google killed off App Maker. Luckily I did not have many applications in App Maker. But the fact that you cannot add custom code like in AM is certainly a limitation that AM users were quasi โ€˜forcedโ€™ into. Unfortunately I will likely yet have to develop a couple of apps from the ground up not just because of โ€˜custom codeโ€™ limitations but also because of cost prohibitiveness by integrating some outside users.

Top Labels in this Space