How to build a Template for an action of sending SMS with variables

hi, i have created an action button at the end of my order cycle to send an sms(external) to the customer.

how do i pre-populate this message with certain info. like invoice no. date etc…which are my column headers…i want this to pick the data from that particular row from which i am clicking on the action button.

Can anyone help me in this regard.

Solved Solved
1 8 890
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can do that like…
AND(
IN(USEREMAIL(),LIST(“email1@gmail.com”,“email2@gmail.com”)),
[status]=“dispatched”
)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You can read the data from that record just with the [ColumnName] in “Message” option. If you need more than just a column’s value, you can combine them like "Hi, this is the invoice date "&[InvoiceCreated]

hi,

also i am not getting multiple columns value in the message when i put info like below,

“Hi, your Order for” &[Party] “has been dispatched vide Bill No.” &[Bill No.] “Truck no” &[Truck No.] “driver phone no” &[Driver Phone]

i am able to see the variable of only the last info. that is [drive phone], none of the other variables are automatically inserted.

can i limit an action to appear only to certain users

Your expression is missing some & characters. There should be an & between every quoted value and column reference. So this:

“Hi, your Order for” &[Party] “has been dispatched vide Bill No.” &[Bill No.] “Truck no” &[Truck No.] “driver phone no” &[Driver Phone]

should be this:

“Hi, your Order for” &[Party] &“has been dispatched vide Bill No.” &[Bill No.] &“Truck no” &[Truck No.] &“driver phone no” &[Driver Phone]

You could instead use CONCATENATE() to get the same result:

CONCATENATE(
  “Hi, your Order for”,
  [Party],
  “has been dispatched vide Bill No.”,
  [Bill No.],
  “Truck no”,
  [Truck No.],
  “driver phone no”,
  [Driver Phone]
)

also can you help me how i can make this action button visible to only a select few user (s)

You can use something like IN(USEREMAIL(),LIST(“email1@gmail.com,"email2@gmail.com")) with your action’s condition rule.

In action condition I already have stated it like to show when [status]=dispatched …so how can I marry this rule with the one which u shared earlier

You can do that like…
AND(
IN(USEREMAIL(),LIST(“email1@gmail.com”,“email2@gmail.com”)),
[status]=“dispatched”
)

Top Labels in this Space