How to change data source without changing the app

I have an app with the data source set as Google Sheets but due to personal reasons I want to change the data source to Microsoft 365 Excel. I want everything in the app to remain the same(schema, slices, form structure, etc.), only where the data is pulled from or pushed into should change. Hope I get some help.
Thanks.

0 9 8,591
9 REPLIES 9

Please check this articleโ€ฆ

Actually, Iโ€™ve read this article and it does not solve my problem still. I donโ€™t want to transfer ownership to another AppSheet account, I want to keep my old account on AppSheet and change the data source from one Microsoft account to another.

If all the column structures etc are all identical you can just go to Data>Tables>Storage>Browse for more data. Change every table to the excel data source

If you donโ€™t need to move your app from Google to Microsoft as you described in the first post, then solution mentioned by @Heino_Matthee works fine.

Hi,
iโ€™d like to swap my gsheet data source with another pretty much identical, cause the original has been deleted for error.
Iโ€™m not able to choose another source from data storage.
Source path, browse for more data, then i choose Google as source and i go back to the app editor; nothing happens.

Thanks for help

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Are you sure the app is working, made and sitting on the spreadsheet you do believe it is a source to your app?

No, iโ€™m not sure, in fact i would guess the original source is lost.
Now the spreadsheet is a copy of a โ€œtwinโ€ app.
App A, folder App A, spreadsheet A
App B, folder App B, spreadsheet โ€œcopy of Aโ€
Exact same structure at all but a little bit different in some column names.
So โ€œcopy of Aโ€ could be working for me, but how can i put it in app B, as source?

AI-FL
Participant IV

Similar issue for me. Made copy of app for production which created new Default App folder. The original app and source table became my test. Production copy shows new Default folder as correct path to production tables. However, the source ID remained the same as test. So the users were in prd app but populating test tables.

Top Labels in this Space