How to change default column on REF type? By ...

How to change default column on REF type? By default never show what i need I’ve tried to use in VALID_IF formulas as

=select(products[product],true) =products[product] =products[product],true and others, but no one works Using this get the msg “Invalid Entry” and block Living clear, by default, works very fine… but shows the column ID

0 13 415
13 REPLIES 13

Can you make the column you refer to the key?

When you want to add a formula into the ref column’s Valid_If option, you should always choose the key column like… SELECT(TableName[KeyColumn],…) It will then show you the list of key column’s values. If you have chosen a “Label” in your column structure, it will show you the Label instead of key column’s value. When you save the record, it will save the true key value into your database.

@Aleksi_Alkio i have seen such problem since my begin with appsheet, months ago. I try to test with one new app, but get always the same situation.

What is your account ID number and app name if I check the reason?

@Aleksi_Alkio 593499 SolarFilm Control Translate

@Aleksi_Alkio so using the label is for appsheet view only, right?

Correct

hi @Aleksi_Alkio ,thanks but doesnt work like that… ive tried to mark Label but system do not accept.

@Aleksi_Alkio Is when i use " select(table[column]) in valid_if,

i get such msg "invalid entry

@Aleksi_Alkio Using clean valid_if works fine but now shows me the column image + product… But write the column ID…

@Aleksi_Alkio for now i create one solution… i did another column called nameproduct to get the name referenced to the id of REF… and just leave the REF showing image + product (in bold, very nice… I want to know how to do that…)

You need to use at least something in your condition check like… SELECT(Table[Column],TRUE)

yes i did… many times, and a lot more. But that i have seen all the time in every where i read… but never works like that… ever get errors

Top Labels in this Space