How to check Status for last user entry on a log

BobG
Participant III

I have a log table with a Status column and would like to get the Status for the users’ last entry but can’t figure out the formulas to use. Any suggestions?

0 7 532
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Participant V

Click through this link:

Thanks Steve. I don’t think I explained the situation correctly.
I’m trying to write a formula for an Action behavior to NOT display if a condition is True. Specifically, if a user is “Checked In” to a Job then he cannot check in to another Job until he “Checked Out” of the current job he he is checked into.
I tried Lookup(UserEmail() , “Issued”, “Assigned Email” , “Status” ) <> “Checked In” but when I test it I get Y results for all rows in the table even when there are “Checked In” values in some rows and I don’t understand why.

What I understand is you want the action button available only if the user is not checked in to any other job:

ISBLANK(
  FILTER(
    "Issued",
    AND(
      (USEREMAIL() = [Assigned Email]),
      ("Checked In" = [Status])
    )
  )
)

FILTER(...) gathers all rows for the user with a Checked In status. ISBLANK(...) asks the question, were no rows gathered? If no rows were gathered, it means there were no rows for the user with a Checked In status.

I tried many different expressions with no luck. Some error messages I got were to do with sub expressions being, it seems incompatible. Is there a resource where I can reference those kinds of issues?

I appreciate all the help you’ve given: Thanks.

That’s what this community is here for! Screenshots of the error messages will help us help you.

The = and <> operators will always evaluate as TRUE if the value on the left side is a blank value, regardless of the value on the right side:

• "" = "hello" incorrectly TRUE

• "hello" = "" correctly FALSE

• "" <> "" incorrectly TRUE

I recommend trying to structure your = and <> expressions so a value you know won’t be blank is on the left side.

BobG
Participant III

Is there a rule as to when the column referenced in formulas is on the right side of an expression vs the left side? Or does it matter?

BobG
Participant III

I didn’t realize that. Thanks for the tip.

Top Labels in this Space