How to construct email template for repeating rows in the form of "vertical table" rather than normal "horizontal table"

When it comes to the workflow template, it is requirement we generate the multiple rows of table, which is usuall in the form of vertical table, i.e. the first row hold the column names.

Instead, case by case, we may need vertical table to repeat the rows out of original table where the data resides.

This is tips how to generate the vertical table within Apphsheet workflow template.

2X_f_f0fbd17ed00023d9538525ef3105ef8892b2c22d.png

@Geovany_Kelly
@Suvrutt_Gurjar
@Lynn

7 7 932
7 REPLIES 7

Thank you very much @tsuji_koichi for documenting this useful tip.

And if you want to have one page per table of each related records just insert a Page Break in the first <<End>>

the final template would look like this:

Final doc:

Great, yes, good point.
I do have some app with me, exactly same setting, just add page break.

Hope this will be found useful mate.

Jerry1

@tsuji_koichi

with this error how to fix thisโ€ฆ this is my workflow email error

Failed: Action not performed because 78 errors are present. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Auditโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Remarks_18]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Remarks_18โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Remarks_17โ€™?. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Auditโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Remarks_20]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Remarks_20โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Remarks_21โ€™?. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Auditโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Remarks_22]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Remarks_22โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Remarks_21โ€™?. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Auditโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Remarks_24]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Remarks_24โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Remarks_21โ€™?. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Auditโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Remarks_26]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Remarks_26โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Remarks_21โ€™?. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Auditโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Remarks_28]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Remarks_28โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Remarks_21โ€™?. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Auditโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Check Set Point (22 - 24 degC)_30]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Check Set Point (22 - 24 degC)_30โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Check Set Point (22 - 24 degC)_29โ€™?. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Auditโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Remarks_31]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Remarks_31โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Remarks_21โ€™?. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜New Auditโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Return Air Temp. / Room Temp._32]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Return Air Temp. / Room Temp._32โ€™, did you mean 'Return โ€ฆ

@tsuji_koichi

this is my template

Root cause of your problem should be nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
based on error message, the Appsheet is not recognizing the majority of fields name which you place on the template. Make sure you have all the fields are actually sitting on the source table.

Top Labels in this Space