How to control the Action Name and the Confirmation Button

Usually the Confirmation Button is the same as the Action Name or the Action’s Display name.
2X_2_2295c7c196ddf3f90da27669c46c69256834fafe.png

By grouping the Action, you can change the Confirmation Button.
2X_5_59aa2fc62c2ef0c2f899de3d0aef85fd37496f72.png

You can check this Sample App:
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Made-by-Fabian?appGuidString=c0b4b682-3190-4b0a-bbef-32be9b62a013

18 15 2,163
  • UX
15 REPLIES 15

Nice! Thanks for sharing

Nice, thanks @Fabian!

This is a great tip, thanks for sharing @Fabian.

@Peter @Mike
Could this be added in as an option within the action’s behaviour around the confirmation message in the editor?

How exactly is this achieved? I have an action called “Approve Timecard.” I created a new grouped action and included the “Approve Timecard” action. How and where can I change the confirmation button? Thank you.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The original post has your answer:

I just tried this now for a Group Action with 2 actions.
Unfortunately, the button shows the name of the Group Action.

I can’t find a way to change it.

Hi @JPAlpano Did you check the sample app mentioned in the first post?
You can change the action button and the Confirm button via “Display Name”.

Yes I did. Changing the display name didn’t change the button display. It only works if your Group Action only has 1 action inside it.
I needed to go to Locaize and use Context to change the word that is showed on the confirmation button.

I repeat, I have a group action which triggers 2 actions. I changed the Display name of the Group action so that the button would say “Yes” instead of the Group action name.

It didn’t work. I was able to change it but not through the method described in the first post.

Maybe I don’t really understand what you mean.
I now changed the sample app so that the grouped action fires two actions.
The grouped action’s display name controls the action button’s name.
The display name of your actions inside the grouped action control the confirmation button.

You are correct that the Group Action Display name controls the action button name.

But I also activated the ‘Needs Confirmation’ on the Group Action, not on the actions inside.
When the confirmation pops up, the button on the confirmation shows the Group Action name, not the Group Action Display name.

The action inside should not matter since there are no “Needs Confirmation” to any of the actions inside.

OK now I see. So you could disable the “needs conformation” in the grouped action and enable it in the first action.

I just used an expression in Localize for this. I don’t want to change my 1st action name or Display name.

Working perfectly! thanks!

Fantastic method, exactly what I am looking for.

LIUZheng_0-1694757589043.pngLIUZheng_1-1694757622198.png

Thank you @LIUZheng that's a beautiful example.

Top Labels in this Space