How to control the columns shown in a list H...

Colin1

How to control the columns shown in a list

How does one control the columns shown in a list of a Column that has a type of List with an ElementType of Ref please?

0 6 351
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Colin, Are you referring to the columns that get displayed in the tabular form in the related table view , as shown in your first image?

Do you wish to omit a few of them from getting displayed, for example?

I believe @Colin is looking for a way to control the inline view. Check the system generated _Inline view and choose columns you want to show from there.

Colin1

@Aleksi_Alkio I do not see _Inline view under the UX Views tab. Where should I be looking for that please?

Scroll down the page UX > Views and choose the โ€œShow system viewsโ€ and you should be able to see the _Inline view.

Colin1

@Aleksi_Alkio I tried that, but it did not work. I found that the first table identified in the range of views for that particular table was able to let me control the columns seen in that list.

It would be better if we could specify the view used by Ref types. Is this currently possible?

Hi @Colin, If you are trying to show the related record (your first picture) with your choice of columns in summary and then detail view, please explore creating a slice of the OrgPersonATables and please use that slice in the app formula of the List type ref column (shown in your second picture)

So the formula becomes

Replace From

=REF_ROWS("Table Name ", โ€œRef Column Nameโ€)

To

=REF_ROWS(โ€œSlice Nameโ€, โ€œRef Column Nameโ€)

Top Labels in this Space