How to creat user login id and password inter face?

how to create user login id and password interface?

2 26 14.3K
26 REPLIES 26

Basically you canโ€™t, because the login UI is coming from the authentication provider (Google, Dropbox, Box, Smartsheet etc.) you have chosen. However you can play with the authentication, provided you subscribe to AppSheet Business Plan and integrate AWS Cognito add-on to your plan.

BUT ITS EASILY CREATE IN GOOGLE FORM PLZ CHECK

https://forms.gle/EPFZNJLX2Y1T8V7j7

YOUR ID " Levent " PASSWORD " Levent@123"

YOUR SECOND ID " Levent 2 " PASSWORD โ€œLevent2@123โ€

@Girish_prusty
You are comparing 2 different platforms or products. Is your app public or a secure app?

Yes I compare both app and Google forms is more handy and users friendly than appsheet .My last 5 days appsheet experience told me itโ€™s not user friendly , itโ€™s complicated .

Well of course we respect your evaluation, but being developed a bit more than 500 apps ranging from very small personal apps up to highly complex corporate scale apps as an AppSheet Partner and Developer, I can say just the opposite. The learning curve for every product is a bit long and cumbersome at the beginning, however when you grab the concept, itโ€™s highly flexible and easy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Thank you for all your detailed work on the forum. I'm new to this and keep getting my hopes up when something is described as no code. Only to find that I still have to understand and arrange code to do just about anything. 

Could you reference any sources for those of us who haven't touched anything besides geocities and html2 back in 1998?

BUT ITS EASILY CREATE IN GOOGLE FORM PLZ CHECK

https://forms.gle/EPFZNJLX2Y1T8V7j7

YOUR ID " Levent " PASSWORD " Levent@123"

YOUR SECOND ID " Levent 2 " PASSWORD โ€œLevent2@123โ€

Hello, exactly what I need!
Iโ€™m a novice user, so bare with me.
There is a table which has user names and password and also a link which is specific to that user.
So would you have screen shots of the very example you added here so that an idiot like me can give access to users to their link but via having to enter the user name and password?
Much obliged

Dan

Sometimes people donโ€™t need an app, just a formโ€ฆ

@Girish_prusty @Grant_Stead @LeventK

I fIgured out how to do this, if anyone wants to know just ask for details and ill post.

Would you rate your solution as secure , or just a interface simulation of a login view?

I think many of appsheet app developers can build a basic user/password interface , but it will not be safe , and if used , can probably violate appsheed policies. Many can bypass a basic interface.

Pretty muchโ€ฆ

Its secure in the fact that:
-you have to know your password to login.
-you have to be added to table by admin.
-The app is a public app so ive also secured things inside app through slicing.

All passwords are sent to and stored in the app along with all other table data. All data on the device can potentially be accessed by the device holder or browser user.

Slices do not prevent access to data; theyโ€™re really just a data structuring tool. Itโ€™s not terribly difficult to bypass slices to get to the underlying table.

It is virtually impossible to secure an AppSheet app without using a supported authentication method and security filters. Even then, a lot of potentially-sensitive data and information about the app can be gleaned by a savvy user if your app isnโ€™t very well designed.

Hey @Steve !

With this comment:

@Steve wrote:

Slices do not prevent access to data; theyโ€™re really just a data structuring tool. Itโ€™s not terribly difficult to bypass slices to get to the underlying table.

Do you mean that there are ways for a  user to access the table information even in those cases where we are only showing a view based on a slice to the user?

Is this most likely because of a poor app design? or what are factors that could allow the user to access unwanted data when using slices?

I'm worried now

>> "Do you mean that there are ways for a user to access the table information even in those cases where we are only showing a view based on a slice to the user?"

Yes.

When the app syncs, it downloads all data to the device. Only Security Filters can filter out what data is downloaded to the device. One way to find the data is to open the app in your browser, then open up the browser's console. It's in there someway, in plain text (I don't remember exactly where off the top of my head).

>> "Is this most likely because of a poor app design?"

If you have sensitive information, and you haven't used Security Filters appropriately, then yes, I'd call that poor design on your part.

Hi Marc, I would be really interested if you can explain how to retrieve from the browser console the data loaded by AppSheet.

This would help me understand the security issues when not using security filters and secure sign-in appropriately. It would also be useful to show this as a proof of the security risks of creating non-secure login pages within AppSheet.

Thank you

I'm not going to do that for you, why don't you put in the effort if it's that important? Like I said, just open your browser's inspector and look around.

how to do it

Iโ€™m interestedโ€ฆ please share

Hello Lucas,

This is exactly what Iโ€™m after but Iโ€™m very much a novice.
Iโ€™d be grateful and obliged if you could share how to achieve this.

Kind regards

Dan

Amigo, jรณia. Poste os detalhes, por favor.

Tenho interesse.

I would love to have details.

I highly encourage you, @Isaac_Mureithi @iato_admin @Max_Henriquez, to read the article in marc_dillon post and Steveโ€™s comments. If information that is not removed at the security filter level(slices are not a security measure they are basically a display filter) it is available to ALL users that have the link to your app.

Top Labels in this Space