- Have you ever wanted to show data in your app in bullets?
- Maybe you thought about using an Enumlist…
- …but how can I see the items in that list as a bulleted list?
While you can’t natively see your EnumList items in a bullet-styled list, you can however create a DISPLAY of that data that approximates a bulleted list.
- First you need an EnumList of items that you wish to display
- Next you need a field in which to display that information
- This could be a Show(text) type - I prefer this one
- Or it could be a LongText type
- which allows you to STORE the value that way (vs. just seeing it in the app).
Regardless of which you chose, the method for accomplishing this is the same.
- Create a
CONCATENATE()formula similar to the following:
CONCATENATE(" - ", SUBSTITUTE([EnumList], " , ", " - ") )
- What this formula does is switch out every instance of the separator (“space comma space” - the default separator used by the system when recording the data for a list) and changes those to:
- “a line break, space dash space”
When combined with the concatenation of the " - " to the front, this gives the aproximation of a bulleted list.
I have created a sample app to show what all this looks like inside the app:
- Here’s a link to the Sample App