How to Display 24Hrs Format

YiChang
Participant I

Hi all,
As many know, Appsheet do not have support for 24Hr formats. In the forum there are many work arounds, like using CONCATENATE() or some variation of TEXT(TIME([Date Time Entered]),“HH:MM”). These aren’t very streamline solutions and may involve multiple columns to implement.
Here is my workaround that allows users to input in 24HR format and also display in 24HR using just one single column.

First input a column of Type Number,
3X_b_5_b56767bb4533850f319e1ffc517ff5e2c5438069.png
Under Type Details, make sure the following settings are inputted.
Numeric Digits - 4
Show thousands separator - Unchecked
Maximum Value - 2359
Minimum Value - 0
Increase/decrease step - 1

Next, under Data Validity > Valid If
Input the following formula. This formula ensures that the column only excepts up to 23 for hours and 59 for minutes.

AND(
IF( [FP Start Time] <= 959,
NUMBER(LEFT([FP Start Time],1)) <= 9,
NUMBER(LEFT([FP Start Time],2)) <= 23
),
NUMBER(RIGHT([FP Start Time],2)) <= 59
)

Lastly, under Auto Compute > Initial Value
You may choose to input this optional formula. This formula will input the current time when you start the form in 24HR format. It may be a good indicator for first time users who are unfamiliar with what time format is accepted in the field.

NUMBER(
CONCATENATE(
TEXT(TIMENOW(),“HH”),
TEXT(TIMENOW(),“MM”)
)
)

Thanks

4 11 913
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Participant V

([Time Column] - "00:00:00") will produce a Duration value from a Time value, which appears as a 24-hour time.

Yup, I am aware of this formula too. but this will require either a virtual column or 2 columns - a Time and Duration Type - to implement, right?

Furthermore, the user is still inputting in 12Hr format to begin with.
My users simply want to input 4 digits in 24Hr format without having to toggle AM/PM.

Is there a more straightforward way to implement your formula that only involves a single column and allow users to input straight in 24Hr format?

([Time Column] - “00:00:00”)

Ahhh! That wasn’t clear to me. I didn’t read you post well.

Do you find the solution to this question?

I think so:

JSO_0-1693469887364.png

JSO_1-1693469959929.png

Wow!
Can you share your solution please? I will be grateful!)))

It is simply a column of type Time.

JSO_0-1693560271968.png

I set the type of column as Time, but i can see only 12 format of time with AM\PMScreenshot_6.png

It looks like this for me (On PC and Android mobile). I don't do anything special to it. Are you not using a cell phone and do you have it set to AM/PM time?

JSO_0-1693644428192.png

Strange, I have 24 format in all my devices...

Akarumey
Participant I

I solve the problem. It was in browser settings. Language which you use for display UI in browser - this language will affect to the AppSheet. Maybe it will be helpful for someone!Screenshot_12.png

Top Labels in this Space