HOW TO DO MANY TO MANY RELATIONSHIP MODELLING...

Naveen_N
Participant I

HOW TO DO MANY TO MANY RELATIONSHIP MODELLING IN APPSHEET?

0 5 1,724
5 REPLIES 5

Harry2
Participant V

@Naveen_N Hi Naveen, to model many-to-many relationship, a bridge table, or associative table, is usually needed. Hereโ€™s an article that explains this in more details:

dzone.com - How to Handle a Many-to-Many Relationship in Database Design - DZone Database How to Handle a Many-to-Many Relationship in Database Design - DZone Database dzone.com

Naveen_N
Participant I

Thanks For Your Answer. HOW TO IMPLEMENT IT IN APPSHEET.

Harry2
Participant V

@Naveen_N Suppose you have 2 existing tables A and B, and the relationship between A and B is many-to-many. You will need to create a new table in your app, and this table will be the bridge table. The relationship between A and the bridge table is one-to-many. This means that you must create a ref column in the bridge table that references table A. Similarly, the relationship between B and the bridge table is one-to-many, and you will also need to create a ref column the the bridge table that references table B.

Naveen_N
Participant I

Is there any Way to get Set of Rows Automatically in That Table Using list Formula?

Do I need to Add Every row manually?

MultiTech
Participant V

Just dropping in a link to a summary post I made, which contains a sample app, about how to accomplish this.

Top Labels in this Space