How to do user select the users config just one time?

I am using the users config for to filter users view, however i not wanted to allow what user modified yours config, wanted to allow the user to select only once.

0 15 630
15 REPLIES 15

You want to create an functionality where the user can see & update his/her own data only?

Almost this, I want to create a feature that the user only sees the data of your company, so when he selects your company in the user settings, I prevent it from changing that choice.

Soโ€ฆ you would like to select the company from the list (using Usersettings) and when thatโ€™s done, you canโ€™t change it anymore with that same device?

Exactly that, do you help me?

What if your user selects the wrong company? He would be viewing other company data (is this a problem?), and also have no way of fixing it.

So I want to do this and leave the user on alert, if he selects wrong it will be necessary to create a new user.

Rather than having the user select his/her company to view, is there a way to tie to users email to the โ€œproperโ€ company assignment so errors are not made? I am not clear on your use case, but was thinking an access table might create a better experience?

User email โ€ฆ Company

Following @Mike. No need to choose anything thenโ€ฆ the email address would do that job.

By what I understood this would be done through a certain business domain? But some of the companies do not contain these business emails are just physical people!

If your use case is a limited set of companies to select from, and the users must be associated to a particular company, you could maintain a simple user email list with associated permitted company. You can then use a slice with ShowIf to only show records associated with that users linked company.

This works well when:

1. the company list to choose from is known and
  2. You can pre-assign a user to a company.

Again, without really knowing your actual use case itโ€™s a bit hard to make a good recommendation.

If you want an arbitrary user to select a single company, without any predefined control over what they can select, then you could also store that selection in the โ€œsettingsโ€ table as a preference. I just doubt that is what you really want?

Settings

But I do not know who the users are going to use, I only know the companies:
So what Iโ€™m trying to do is be able to separate the data of each vendor for their particular companies.

For example: I have company X and company Y, company X can only see the sales of its own sellers but can not see the sale of the sellers of company Y;

What i was trying to do is that when the business owner selects his name in the settings, he will not be able to change his choice. So I compare USERSETING () with the company name of each seller selected on your sale.

Donโ€™t use user settings. Instead, use a normal table, one row per user, and record the userโ€™s choice there when the row is added. The following Editable_If expression prevents changes after an initial save:

NOT(IN([_THISROW], FILTER("MyTable", TRUE)))

replacing MyTable with the name of this table.

Okay, but how do I select a column from the โ€œMyTableโ€ table?

In all likelihood, the MyTable (or whatever you call it) table will use the userโ€™s email address (from USEREMAIL()) as the key column value (e.g., email). You can use LOOKUP() to find the current userโ€™s row and get the userโ€™s chosen company name:

LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), "MyTable", "email", "company_name")

where MyTable is the name of the table, email is the name of the column storing the userโ€™s email address, and company_name is the name of the column containing the userโ€™s company choice.

Thank you very much, it helped me a lot.

Top Labels in this Space