How to embed a Sample App into the Community

If you’ve got a sample app that you wish for people to see/use in the community…

Example: Manual Sorting Sample App

To accomplish this, simply paste the HTML iFrame code into the community.

• For example: the sample app you see above was made with the following code:

<iframe src="https://www.appsheet.com/start/40976121-2d01-42ee-b9bc-bfa031dc6aef" title="Test" height="600" width="300">
</iframe>

2 11 300
11 REPLIES 11

Seems to not work for other people though - or through incognito…

• So I guess the solution is… it doesn’t work???

@Arthur_Rallu

Yep, weird

What do you mean by that? I can see your sample app in your first post.

Oh really!?

• When I opened this page in an incognito page, the app didn’t load.

Perhaps it’s something with not being logged in.

• Thanks @Fabian for letting me know!

This sample app of mine is located at the following URL:

Hope it works!

Hmmmmmm. I’m not able to see my own app or @MultiTech_Visions ’ app.

Hi @Kirk_Masden
I can see your sample app when I click on the link you provided.
Should I be able to add anything to the app? I thought I shouldn’t be able to ??

Hi @Lynn ! I guess the embedding isn’t working properly. For the time being, it may be better to just share a link instead of trying to embed. On the other hand, if this way of embedding starts to work consistently, that would be cool.

@Kirk_Masden

• I can see your sample embedded app, use it, etc.
    • But I can’t upload any changes (as is expected with sample apps)

- Are you logged in, or trying to view through incognito?

• It seems there’s an aspect of needing to be logged in, or at least not inside incognito.

I’m not sure what incognito is but I tried once logged in and once logged out. Add, as I wrote, your app looks the same – visible, in a sense, but stuck in the loading process. I’m away from home in an environment where my internet is quite slow. I wonder if that might not be part of the problem.

I’m not sure what I would need to do with my sample app to allow changes. I’m on a free plan. I wonder if it’s possible to allow more-or-less unlimited use of a sample from a free plan. Currently, the way I share samples / templates, one must copy the app in order to begin changing the data.

It seems that there’s quite a lot to learn about samples / templates and I’m still not where I would like to be. I put together a “tip” on the topic that organizes what I’ve been able to learn so far:

This “tip” explains how to find the appGuidString (identifying code) that is necessary to make the embedding URL for this tip. But, the settings that I recommend probably don’t allow samples to be edited (that is, for data to be inputted). I may need to add that in a comment once I learn how to do it myself.

I followed your topic to make my first sample app and also I inserted my app on my post doing what @MultiTech_Visions posted here (we talked about this by DM)

BUT it’s very unreliable

Now I can even see my app from the mobile version of this community… weird

Top Labels in this Space