How to enable saving files in an app

MaxV1
Participant II

Hi, I was wondering if it’s possible to set any configuration in order to enable file saving process at any app. What I mean is an option to save any type of file throught the app, but is a file not related to info available at spreadsheet. It’s an attachment made by user in order to add more information.

0 8 886
8 REPLIES 8

EDIT: After reading additional posts I see I misunderstood what you meant. The below is based on how to save app data to a file. @Grant_Stead has your answer in the next post.

You can do this through the use of a Workflow that generates the file and saves to your specified location and an Action in your app that sets a trigger to execute the Workflow.

For example, the Action might be a simple Data Change Action that sets a flag named “Save File”. When the data row is changed, the Workflow inspects the “Save File” and when properly set then Workflow executes, generates the file and saves it to your location.

A generation template is used to create the file so the data can be formatted in nearly way you wish.

You can find SOME info here (its not comprehensive:

You can find out all you want to know about Templates through these articles:

https://www.appsheet.com/Support?q=templates&hPP=10&idx=help&p=0&is_v=1

Good luck! And simply repost if you need more help!!

Yes, you simply add a column type “File” and then the user can upload files. (If you want them to be able to upload multiple files as children records to a parent table, then you’ll want a secondary table for the files…)

Hi Grant_stead, it was useful your comment, but I have one question: I was trying to upload a non-microsoft file (file extension - .eif) and system converts extension to .txt. Is there any configuration that should be set in order to upload files with .eif extension2X_b_b7b40ebb3eebab455180aa360b62597e346d828c.png

I am sorry, I haven’t ran into this…
@Aleksi Have you ran into this?

@Aleksi do you have any information related to it?

Unfortunately it will convert it to text because .eif is not supported file extension at this moment for file column.

Also if we use winrar in order to zip file.

Consider this Post:

Top Labels in this Space