How to extract a text value from an EumList

How to extract a text value from an EumList, which is equal to a column of text I have ?

Solved Solved
0 2 637
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The language youโ€™ve used is a little confusing. If you already have the column text, why would you want to โ€œextractโ€ it from the EnumList? I imagine two interpretations:

1. You want to know if the columnโ€™s text value occurs in the EnumList. For this, use IN():

IN([text-column], [enumlist-column])

2. You want to remove the columnโ€™s text value from the EnumList, so that the value no longer occurs in the list. For this, use list subtraction:

([enumlist-column] - LIST([text-column]))

See also:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I believe you may wish to make your requirement clearer with more description or an example. That will help community to offer a better solution.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The language youโ€™ve used is a little confusing. If you already have the column text, why would you want to โ€œextractโ€ it from the EnumList? I imagine two interpretations:

1. You want to know if the columnโ€™s text value occurs in the EnumList. For this, use IN():

IN([text-column], [enumlist-column])

2. You want to remove the columnโ€™s text value from the EnumList, so that the value no longer occurs in the list. For this, use list subtraction:

([enumlist-column] - LIST([text-column]))

See also:

Top Labels in this Space