How to generate a list with option to choose content

lefarole
Participant III

Hello,

I have a question as I have researched the AppSheet docs and have not been able to find if I can achieve the following:

I need to make a list of players, from which I can choose directly from that list only the desired students and having all the students selected, save them in the field.

Example:

3X_c_2_c2831d7908855b3c392918ee2ae83343ff50b630.png

For your support, thank you.

0 6 204
6 REPLIES 6

Sounds like you just need to use an EnumList type column.

Hi @Marc_Dillon ,

I have this:

and give me this

3X_5_4_545a607b4057f962d7e23c0938c8f8ea5770f0fb.png

but I canโ€™t choose the names of the players.

App Formula is meant to calculate a value into a column. If you set an App Formula, then the column becomes un-editable. It sounds like youโ€™re probably wanting to move your expression to Valid_If instead.

I did it, it just doesnโ€™t work the way I want it, I need that from all that list of 10 players I can select only three (multi selection) in that same list and those three are saved in the BD.

Can it be achieved?

Thanks

If you need to present a dropdown list, and also have a validation condition, then you can move the dropdown-generating list from Valid_if to Suggested Values, then enter a new validation expression into Valid_if. This might work for you here:

COUNT( [_THIS] ) <= 3

@Marc_Dillon ,

Thank you very much for your support, if it works but it is not what I really need.

Thank you

Top Labels in this Space