How to hide a column in a table view, but show it in a detail view or form view?

In my application I just need one column to be visible but be able to search all records in the table and such that the all fields appear in detail view?

I tried manually hiding these columns in Data > View columns , but its not producing the desired result since it neither searches nor shows all the fields in detail form,

Solved Solved
0 7 5,781
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@fakerat_xavier
Ensure that only the column name that you want to show appears in Column Order property of that table view.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@fakerat_xavier
You can use:
CONTEXT("ViewType")="Table"
CONTEXT("ViewType")="Detail"
CONTEXT("ViewType")="Form"
expressions to show/hide columns in specific view types. You can also refer to view name with:
CONTEXT("View")="ViewName"

Thanks but this doesnโ€™t work for me, I just need to have one column showing in tabular view

but be able to see all rows in form view. (images removed for copyright protection)

How to achieve this?

@fakerat_xavier
You can use the Column Order property of your table view to show which columns you want, if thatโ€™s the case.

It is still showing multiple columns in table-view, is there something I am doing wrong?

@fakerat_xavier
Ensure that only the column name that you want to show appears in Column Order property of that table view.

Thank you so so much, you are a star !!!

Youโ€™re welcome @fakerat_xavier

Top Labels in this Space