How to? I have a simple form to keep track of...

How to? I have a simple form to keep track of membership in a club. It is tied to a google sheet. Format and edit are complete. I can click on an email icon and it fills to a gmail email correctly but i want to be able to select all of them for a group email to the club membership. How can i do this?

0 4 307
4 REPLIES 4

You can do this from the backend (via a workflow rule) rather than from your phone.

Use a table to keep track of email requests. Then have a change workflow rule that reacts to a new email request row and sends the email. The To line of the email action can take any expression that produces a list of email addresses. So you can decide to send to all members, or maybe just to those that meet some criterion.

Iโ€™m sorry. I meant that I have a simple app that looks at the Google sheet. I can add, edit and delete members. I will be the only user. I want to be able to generate a group email message from the email column when I am ready to make an announcement email.

Hi Dan, yes that makes sense. Currently, you cannot send a group email from the app itself. The email action icon launches your phoneโ€™s email app to one specific email address only. Think of this as a โ€œclient-sideโ€ email.

I suggested to you that any kind of group email can instead be sent by our โ€œbackendโ€ if you set up a workflow rule in your appsheet app definition (see Behavior -> Workflow)

Ok, thank you. I will look at Workflow.

Top Labels in this Space