How to incorporate a 'partially paid' status for bills

This is a post mainly intended towards @Steve as he is well versed with the context which I am about to bring up again for a new requirement. For this I wonโ€™t be detailing my requirements from scratch.

Other potential solution seekers or solution providers, here are the posts which if read first will help make sense of this:

As we had incorporated a bill paid / unpaid action mechanism by using actions and select expressions, I now wish to incorporate a โ€˜partially paidโ€™ status for bills that are paid. Because most of the time payments are made in round figures, which donโ€™t amount to the total of any combination of bills, but short of a certain amount for one (lets take it this way for convenienceโ€™s sake). So I want to mark that bill partially paid.

I have a faint outline on the process:

1. (In context with the linked post) When I add bills by their number in the company payment form, the amounts from each one add up to a total in the Total column. Now incorporating a manual โ€˜overrideโ€™ for the amount can be the first step.

2. The override will ask me to choose which bill I want to partially pay, and ask me to enter the amount.
    I dont know if itโ€™s going to need another separate form for this.

3. That amount, and the amounts from the bills that are chosen to pay in full are added up to fill the โ€˜total paymentโ€™ amount field.

4. An action (like the ones markign the bills paid/unpaid) will mark the bill โ€˜partially paidโ€™.

Though I have the outline, I donโ€™t have near much idea on how to achieve this. I have learnt quite a bit in the past few weeks, and I hope Iโ€™m not going to need a lot of explaining as I probably now can pick up from little guidelines which you are always more than happy to provide.

0 0 336
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space