How to know if a record is already in the table or is just in process to be created

Hi, I have to tables (TABLE A, TABLE B).
Columns In Table A

• Name Account A
  • Type A

Columns In Table B

• Name Account B
  • Name Contact
  • Cel
  • Email
  • Adress
  • Type B

In both of them are the column Type, so what I need is that in the TABLE B at column TYPE B desplay a dropdown of the diferent types that exist for that exact account in TABLE A.

In valid_if for TYPE B:

SELECT(TABLE A[TYPE A],[NAME ACCOUNT A]=[_THISROW].[NAME ACCOUNT B])

But it isnt working doesnยดt show any value. It is like the condicional is wrong. The condicional have to filter the list of type depending of the NAME ACCOUNT.

0 4 198
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your expression looks fine, but it might be helpful to see it as it is exactly in your app. Please post a screenshot of the entire expression.

Also, please post a screenshot of the app that shown the empty dropdown. Please include the entire app screen.

In the formular are different cases, and depending of the ocndicional is going to take a diferent column and also search a diferent value. Right know is working I dont know what a was doing wrong.

But now I have a question and is I have 4 Tables( EPS REGIONAL, IPS, OPEADOR LOGISTICO, DX Y PATOLOGIA) they all like TABLE B, and other 2 tables (DECISORES, SEDES) this tables are like TABLE A amd have something like this:

DECISORES

• DECISORES EPS REGIONAL (REF - EPS REGIONAL)
  • DECISORES IPS (REF - IPS)
  • DECISORES OP (REF - OPERADOR LOGISTICO)
  • DECISORES LAB DX Y PATOLOGIA (REF - DX Y PATOLOGIA)
  • NAME CONTACT (TEXT)
  • SEDES (HERE IS WHERE I AM ADDING THE EXPRESSION OF THE IMAGE)

SEDES

• SEDE EPS REGIONAL (REF - EPS REGIONAL)
  • SEDE IPS (REF - IPS)
  • SEDE OP (REF - OPERADOR LOGISTICO)
  • SEDE DX Y PATOLOGIA (REF - DX Y PATOLOGIA)
  • NAME SEDE

So this two tables are inside of the other four, what i want is the user can select in the DECISORES table a SEDE for the CONTACT. And just see the SEDES that are related with each table(EPS REGIONAL, IPS, OPEADOR LOGISTICO, DX Y PATOLOGIA)

Instead of this:

[some-column] <> ""

Use this:

ISNOTBLANK([some-column])

okay I make that change and solve everyting becaouse was happening something very strange .

When i make the expression with this order all go ok

IFS
(
([DECISORES EPS REGIONAL]<>""),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES EPS REGIONAL] = [SEDE EPS REGIONAL]),
([DECISORES LAB DX Y PATOLOGIA]<>""),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES LAB DX Y PATOLOGIA] = [SEDE DX Y PATOLOGIA]),
([DECISORES IPS]<>""),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES IPS] = [SEDE IPS]),
([DECISORES OP]<>""),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES OP] = [SEDE OP])
)

But when I put

IFS
(
([DECISORES EPS REGIONAL]<>""),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES EPS REGIONAL] = [SEDE EPS REGIONAL]),
([DECISORES LAB DX Y PATOLOGIA]<>""),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES LAB DX Y PATOLOGIA] = [SEDE DX Y PATOLOGIA]),
([DECISORES OP]<>""),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES OP] = [SEDE OP]),
([DECISORES IPS]<>""),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES IPS] = [SEDE IPS])
)

The expression that is next of the one in Bold isnt make the condicion.

And now I change all the [column-name]<>"" for ISNOTBLANK and work perfect no matter the orther of the expression.

Final expression

IFS
(
ISNOTBLANK([DECISORES EPS REGIONAL]),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES EPS REGIONAL] = [SEDE EPS REGIONAL]),
ISNOTBLANK([DECISORES LAB DX Y PATOLOGIA]),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES LAB DX Y PATOLOGIA] = [SEDE DX Y PATOLOGIA]),
ISNOTBLANK([DECISORES OP]),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES OP] = [SEDE OP]),
ISNOTBLANK([DECISORES IPS]),SELECT(SEDES[NOMBRE SEDE], [_THISROW].[DECISORES IPS] = [SEDE IPS])
)

Thanks you very much for your help know depending the Table show the dropdown of the related SEDES.

Top Labels in this Space