How to link splices to edit one row + few additional questions

Yakko

So I almost have this thing done! I have four problems(not sure if i should make separate threads)

The main important one is, how come for every slice i have, it makes a new row to input dataโ€ฆ and better yet how to fix it?

The second problem isnt as important but i have a 2 part agreement. With yes and no at the bottom. Right now i have it set to auto move to next view when completedโ€ฆ But if they say no well I want it to just stay there and maybe add some info about contact personal for problems with agreement, and if yes move on.

The 3rd problem is when the form is done I would like a simple completion. So i setup a splice with a notice that says finished. But after its finished i need it to roll back to the start of the views after a set time.

The 4th problem is there a way to hide a form and when 1 form is complete add a second one
For example
Customer #1
Date of birth #1
drop down menu #1(if finished add a second up to ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 10 701
10 REPLIES 10

Hi! Iโ€™m not sure what a splice is. Could you explain that please?

Yakko

Slices

Thanks! I see.

Slices are built off of tables. So, in regard to your first question, if you have a new row in your table, the slice should have a new row too. Is that what you mean?

Or, do you have a view where you donโ€™t want the user to be able to add rows? Iโ€™m not sure what you mean.

The slices are all from the same database, but for each slice it is adding a new row instead of keeping on the same row for information input

I canโ€™t imagine what is happening. Could you post a screenshot?

Yakko

I guess its up to 4 now sense i added the 4th slice

Thanks @Yakko! I hope I can help but Iโ€™m not sure what is happening. Normally, slices donโ€™t add rows. If, however, you tap โ€œSaveโ€ when you display a form, it will add another row. Can you use the form to add more rows?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It doesnโ€™t work that way. Youโ€™ll need to detail exactly what youโ€™re doing to get this behavior.

AppSheet doesnโ€™t have timers, so not possible.

This question makes no sense.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Oh, I think I know whatโ€™s happening. When the user finishes the first slice, you want them to continue to the second slice of the same row, but whatever process youโ€™re using to get the user to the second slice is creating a new row rather than reusing the first row. Youโ€™ll need to adjust the process you use to get the user to the second slice to reuse the original row rather than add a new row. Not knowing what process youโ€™re using, I canโ€™t offer a more concrete suggestion.

Top Labels in this Space