How to make a list of values of a column in an other table

Hi appsheet,

I have used this expression in a virtual column of the table Personnes:
SELECT(
Registration[Equipe],[ID Personne]=[ID])-LIST()

What I would like to do:
In table Personnes I want to make a list of the different values in [Equipe] of the table Registration, and this for the rows in table registration where its column [ID Personne] = the column [ID] of the table Personnes.

When I add the expression above in a virtual column in my table Personnes itโ€™s comparing column [ID Personnes] and column [ID] from my table Registration. (and not [ID] from table Personnes)

Any ideas?
Greetings, Bram

0 8 1,897
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Participant V

Dereference _THISROW to refer to the current row in the Personnes table:

SELECT(
Registration[Equipe],[ID Personne]=[_THISROW].[ID])-LIST()

Great โ€ฆ itโ€™s doing what needs to be done.

I found out that this is also working:
LIST(UNIQUE(Registration[Equipe]))

Hi Steve,

Iโ€™m trying to make list of values for a column based on the key values from another column.
My First column is called ActivityModules and it has an EnumList of values that refference the value keys from the table Modules. Here, my SELECT formula works fine and displays the list of modules selected.

The table Modules has the following columns so I want to show this same columns in the table Activities
Module - Theme - Competence

The second column is Enum List and is called ActivityThemes this column, I donโ€™t get to make a list to retreive the Theme out of the list of the column ActivityModules

In the end the column ActivityModules should have a list like โ€œM1,M2,M4,M6โ€ randomly selected. And the column ActivityThemes should have the theme from the module like: โ€œIntroduction, Tools, Analysis,Consolidationโ€.

The column ListaTemas (ActivityThemes) should display the theme for each Module in the column ListaModulos (ActivityModules)
2X_2_232964804a9e4f97cd86ed4f7aae22b2da41f40f.png

Iโ€™m afraid Iโ€™m not clear what youโ€™re asking of me. Could you clarify?

Of course
This is an activity and as you see, the column โ€œListaModulosโ€ has the key values from modules specific to that activity> (Modulos Desarrollados)
2X_3_39458faa68baac35deefa55a2dda6acedbf30d3b.png

This is the table Modules
2X_b_b32857d01339c23330c23518e057e5a6b79cb4db.png

this is the table Activities (I need to populate โ€œListaTemasโ€ based on the key values from the column โ€œListaModulosโ€
2X_a_a5d5a025c3af4fb6b504c8f6c390bd3b79d80adb.png
To populate the ListaModulos column I used the formula SELECT(ActividadesModulos[Modulo],[Actividad]=[_THISROW].[Key])-LIST() It works perfect.

and this is the table ActivitiesModule, from this table I filter them โ€œModuloโ€ to make the list of โ€œListaModulosโ€
2X_f_f0bf18d405d1b4859ab1be622fc64f2ae8fddee9.png

The column Activities[ListaTemas] should look like this but I donโ€™t know how to lookup for the Modulo[Tema] values based on the list from Actividades[ListaModulos] Key values.
2X_0_0495bd5815e0712c7e8c5693fa6ea3737663e85e.png

@MultiTech_Visions I explained here with more detail

The quickest/easiest solution is to add a column into this table (see above) that pulls in the Tema value; then you can use the same method of getting the list you already have, but pull the Tema columnโ€™s value instead.

SELECT(ActividadesModulos[Tema],[Actividad]=[_THISROW].[Key])-LIST()

Another way you can get your list of approved modules for an activity, and this is what I would do, is to create reverse reference column that pulls out the modules from the related ActivityModule records:

[Modulos Desarrollados][Modulo]

Using this method of deriving your list of approved modules is much more efficient. (To explain: when you use SELECT() the system looks over each of the records in whatever table you specify, but when you use the syntax [Related Records][Column_I_Want] the system only looks into the records in the [Related Records] list - which is almost always going to be much smaller.)

If youโ€™re on the Activities table, and youโ€™ve got a column ListaModulos (thatโ€™s an enum, with a base type of ref to the modules table), then the following formula should pull in a list of names for the selected modules:

SELECT(Modules[Tema], IN([Modulo], [_thisrow].[ListaModulos]))

Perfect! This solved it. โ€œListaModulesโ€ column displays a yellow warning but it seems to be okay those two colums will be hidden.

Iโ€™ll try to make that reverse refference.

Top Labels in this Space