How to make last entry is selected?

Hello,

I have a dynamic dropdown from column STUDENT[School] and I would like to know if it is possible for me to make the dropdown select the last entry/selection from the RSVP[School]?

Why I need the dropdown to select the last entry? If the dropdown selects the last entry for me from the RSVP[School], this will save me a step by selecting the same school again and again for the next 50 rows of entries.

Solved Solved
0 6 913
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try setting Initial value to the expression I provided.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Use the Initial value expression to pre-select whichever choice you want.

How to use Initial Value to pre-select the school? I have 17 schools name and I donโ€™t know which one I should pre-select until I started to input the data? Please advise. Thank you.

Construct an expression that will return the school identified by the last new entry.

Typically, the last new entry will be the last row of the worksheet. AppSheet provides the _ROWNUMBER column containing the rowโ€™s row number in the worksheet. Therefore, the newest row is the one with a _ROWNUMBER value equal to MAX(RSVP[_ROWNUMBER]).

Knowing the row number of the newest row, you can use LOOKUP() to get the value of any column from that row: LOOKUP(MAX(RSVP[_ROWNUMBER]), "RSVP", "_ROWNUMBER", "School").

@Steve

I need more guidance because I couldnโ€™t make it work. Where should I input these expressions?

The column [School] is a type Text and has Valid-IF statement STUDENT[School].

Please advise. Thank you.

Try setting Initial value to the expression I provided.

@Steve

Thank you very much once again. It works beautifully.

Top Labels in this Space