How to make reference column as Required?

Hello,

I am trying to make reference column as required but i am not getting the enable option for rest of 3 columns. Any reason why i got enable option for 1 column & why not for rest of 3 columns? Attached the screenshot FYR.

Solved Solved
0 14 927
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For me it sounds that your first virtual column has been set as required with the old editor when it was possible to do that. If you want, you can open the old editor if you add &OldEditor=true right after the AppName-123456 in your URL.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Is your first column a normal column where as the rest of are all virtual columns?

Noโ€ฆ all the columns are normal.

You have created those columns manually by yourself?

Noโ€ฆ itโ€™s system created reference columnโ€ฆ

Then itโ€™s a virtual list columnโ€ฆ not a normal column. You can see it from the colorโ€ฆ if the box with a pen icon is blue, itโ€™s a virtual column.

Yes, its virtual column, i am getting enabled option for 1 column but not getting enabled option for the rest. Any reasons?

Ref the screenshot.

For me it sounds that your first virtual column has been set as required with the old editor when it was possible to do that. If you want, you can open the old editor if you add &OldEditor=true right after the AppName-123456 in your URL.

Thanks @Aleksi. Its solved. But like to know, why this function is not available on new editor.

Iโ€™m afraid I donโ€™t know the exact reason for this changeโ€ฆ I need to check that.

Stan

It seems that I canโ€™t open the old editor anymore? Is there another way to make a reference column required?

Bahbus

Ref columns can be marked required, but I believe only normal columns can be marked as required. You canโ€™t set the auto-created Related virtual columns as required because at any given point there may or may not be appropriate references toโ€ฆwellโ€ฆreference. There is no need to set these as required because their expressions will ensure they do their jobs. Why on Earth would you want to mark these as required?

When a seller makes an offer, it should be required that he makes a picture of the place where it is built. We want to have a possibility to make multiple pictures, so we used a ref table. In the old editor it was possible to set such a column to required and then you needed to upload at least one picture.

Yes itโ€™s true that you canโ€™t set the virtual List column as required. Though you could add the same functionality with other columnโ€™s Valid If as well. It could be like COUNT([Related Records])>0

Yeah, I think that would be a good alternative, thanks!

Top Labels in this Space