How to nest(?) virtual columns under one virtual column

I have a “Projects” table in which I intend to incorporate virtual columns that sum the amount of money spent on a number of aspects, namely suppliers, contractors, users and a few more.

While I have the knowledge now how to use the SELECT() expression and compute the SUM of amounts spent on those aspects for each project, what I don’t know and think would be good to implement is that ‘nesting’ all those aspects under a “Total” tab.

The ‘total tab’, mathematically is just an arithmetic sum of all those ‘aspects’. What I want is a drop-down in the ‘total’ column which when tapped, drops down a menu with all the aspects and their associated expenses accumulated. All the columns would be virtual, with select() and sum() expressions within.

Please help.

0 2 217
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Wow, that’s an interesting idea. I’m not sure it’s possible, though. The best I can imagine is to enable Quick Edit for the total column, then use a Valid If expression that produces a list with the desired aspects.

The total column is virtual, and if I make it a ‘real’ column it would still be a computed one. Quickedits are not available for computed columns if I know right.

If this can be put as a feature request, I will be happy to put one.

Top Labels in this Space