How to position ourself for AppSheet? As a software house

I understand AppSheet is now part of Google and sounds like it’s positioned as a replacement of AppMaker which decommission due to low adoption rate.

So, with that direction, AppSheet is promoted that “even your grandma admin/HR can convert ideas to workable app!”. “not everyone can code, but with AppSheet, everyone can deliver solutions, big and small!”

As an experienced software developer, how should we position our-self? How could we deliver solutions with AppSheet and monetize from various businesses? Especially when AppSheet direction is to allow internal team to deliver solutions instead of counting on external vendors?

Should my team invest effort to build solution on top of AppSheet? We are looking to deliver SAAS solutions and now looking for right tool.

Thanks for the ideas and input.

1 5 238
5 REPLIES 5

Jonathan_S
Participant V

Man Im a one man show running a company with 50 employees and I can even do this on the side with just a few hours a day. Just make sure you set time aside and you can pretty much do anything yourself. App-sheet, once you start to fully understand it, especially expressions and can start to just fluently type them out, can do miracles and you can build some really really good apps within a week or less… its insane.

With that, i think i should stay away from deliver solution in AppSheet, but rather focus on deliver a very complete & comprehensive solution using other tool. Since everyone is self sufficient in AppSheet.

Yes but not everyone is like me with 80 hours a week no life, Im saying this for you to learn and deliver… people will think your a genius and so so fast at programming. Its great lmao.

Im just saying why not just Try it yourself and see what happens.

Yeah, it’s easy to learn. Even for non-coder. It’s also my concern because i am coming from a software vendor perspective, if things are too easy to deliver, meaning the customer might not buy but instead code it their own (like you).

So, my team would rather invest effort on other web framework that could deliver any feature under the sun. Not just convert a simple idea to a small app.

Ron_Mansolo
Participant IV

I’ve been building app solutions on here for a 100 employee home health company. There are plenty of small to medium size businesses needing custom built software solutions and Appsheet is perfect for that.
Would love to expand. Just looking for the right person(s) to work with.

Top Labels in this Space