How to reference a value in the condition of an action behaviour?

timutama
Participant I

Hello there I am new to appsheet.
I have been scratching my head trying to get the condition to work to hide or show the add action button for a table.
I am doing something like this [Job ID].[Status]=“Not yet accepted”.
It never seems to work.
What am I doing wrong?
I am trying to get the status of a job from the jobs table.
Your help will be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Solved Solved
0 4 185
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I have found my solution. Was going about it in the wrong way. I have created a virtual column with only read access then have a condition in there to show the readable table or the editable one. I guess we cant place the conditions in actions for reference tables.
I also saw some posts in here saying that this is the only way to do it.
Thanks for taking out the time to try and help.
Cheers mate and have an awesome day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

What record in what table is the Action supposed to be running on, and which job record are you wanting to get the [Status] value from, and how are those 2 records related.

Those are my 3 tables. The action is running on the Job Drainage Assets table.
I am trying to get the status value from the Jobs table. I am new to appsheet so do please let me know if I am doing this incorrectly. Cheers.

should work. Assuming the [Job ID] column in Job Drainage Assets Table is set as a Ref type, pointing to the Jobs Table. What makes you think it does not work? Is there some error?

I think I have found my solution. Was going about it in the wrong way. I have created a virtual column with only read access then have a condition in there to show the readable table or the editable one. I guess we cant place the conditions in actions for reference tables.
I also saw some posts in here saying that this is the only way to do it.
Thanks for taking out the time to try and help.
Cheers mate and have an awesome day.

Top Labels in this Space