How to Refresh Data without clicking Edit Save

I have many rows of data in my Employee Salary table and if I want Appsheet to recalculate the formulas and fetch the updated data from the database for which I have to click on every row then click edit then save to get the updated data. I have many rows its difficult to do it one by one. Is there a way to refresh that data in one shot for all the rows in that table?

Please let me know. Thank You!!

Solved Solved
0 18 3,053
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kindly try to understand watching that video. You need add extra column to your table and you can call it โ€œupdateโ€.

Then create an action to set the value of [update] to [update]+1. This action you can call โ€œupdate rowโ€

Attach this action instead of edit, delete etcโ€ฆ to you action you created. You will see this action in your referenced action list. Firstly you should create that action to show in your list.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

AppSheet well documented. Sometimes it is useful to read them
For exmpl

Thanks for your replyโ€ฆ I read the article you sent me regarding bulk select and it says: You cannot set the value of a column that: Contains an AppFormula and I want that App formula to be executed so that it picks up the updated valuesโ€ฆhow do i do that? Please let me knowโ€ฆ

Ok
You donโ€™t write about autocompute formulas in your app.
Really, in that case you canโ€™t use Bulk Select
But if you creates table view for your data, and swithes on โ€œEnable QuickEditโ€, then you can edit data without opening other forms
Like on pic

Or use recomendations on prev post How to Refresh Data without clicking Edit Save - #4 by Rifadm817

I am able to update 1 row at a time but I want to update all rows in the table when we click the button.
Please let me know how to do this. Thank You!

Hi @Total_Solutions

What about that:

I want the Dhamaka Points to be updated by running the formulas when I click on the Button.

What I understood is that in the Reference Rows I write: TableName [KeyColumn]

But I did not understand what to put in the Reference Action. I am attaching the snapshot of the options I see.

Please let me know. Thanx

Please have a look at this post carefully Quick Update System - How to update records in your app with a push of a button

Everything you will need is available there.

I read it but canโ€™t figure out what to select in Referenced Action.

Can you please guide?

Please have a look at that video. He creates an extra column like [update] and uses an action [update]+1 for the table you need to update. That update action is used as referenced action in your table. I see no update action in your above screenshot.

Now iโ€™m test next scenario:
Table with columns:
ID as UNIQUEID()
Data1 as Number
Data2 as Number with formula [Data1]+10

Because canโ€™t change Data2 using BulkUpdateโ€™s Iโ€™m use next:

1. Create Action Plus10 for Data1 with data change as Data1+10
  2. Create Action Minus10 for Data1 with data change as Data1-10
  3. Create Grouped Action UpdRowPlusMinus as sequence of Plus10 and Minus10
  4. Create Action BulkSetOfRows for rows you need select(table[ID],{your conditions})
    or for all as select(table[ID],true)
    with Referenced Action as UpdRowPlusMinus

Itโ€™s works
Expects: if Data1 is not Number but Text, you can use CONCATENATE()

Did you try this ?

mine is a simple table not a parent child relationship so canโ€™t figure outโ€ฆ

1. Just add another column for Update.
  2. Create an action โ€œUpdateโ€ to set [update] column [Update]+1
  3. Create another action to execute an action on a set of rows with referenced action as โ€œUpdateโ€ with your list of referenced rows.

Note: If you have 100s of rows in this table update will take really long.

Referenced Action does not have updateโ€ฆIt only has Delete, Edit, Add & View Ref. Attached snapshot. How to get update here?

Also what I understood is that in the Reference Rows I write: TableName [KeyColumn]
Table Name is: DPWL
Key Column is: DPWLID
So i have written DPWL [DPWLID]

is that correct?

Please guide. Thanx

Kindly try to understand watching that video. You need add extra column to your table and you can call it โ€œupdateโ€.

Then create an action to set the value of [update] to [update]+1. This action you can call โ€œupdate rowโ€

Attach this action instead of edit, delete etcโ€ฆ to you action you created. You will see this action in your referenced action list. Firstly you should create that action to show in your list.

Problem Resolved!!

You have no idea how important this was for my app!! You are a Rockstar Genius!! Thank you so much!! God Bless!!

Please read this

Top Labels in this Space