I’m using AppSheet in a class and recently quit a few students had the following kind of error:
I should explain that, in this class, all of the students have copied a prototype app that I made and are using it with their own data on a free plan. So, unlike typical business situations, this is not a case in which multiple people are working with the same data.
When the students told me about this problem yesterday I hesitated to tell them to try logging out and then logging in again because many of them had large amount of data (over 100) that were unsynced.
Before posting, I looked for discussion of a similar error message on this community and found this:
Since the recommendation was to contact email@example.com, I did that and have been communicating with @Aleksi who, as always, has been quite helpful. We are continuing our discussion but I think I’ll wind up telling the students to log out and log in again, even if that means that they may lose some data.
I thought I’d post here for two reasons:
- I’m curious to know if others have experienced a similar error. In my class, quite a few students suddenly seemed to be having this problem. I suspect that some of them may have had unsynced data that they allowed to sit in the app for quite a while and that that may be part of the problem. I wonder, though, if any of you have had a similar issue.
- I wonder if any of you have any wisdom about what to do with unsynced data when an error comes up. I searched for “unsynced” on this forum but didn’t find much.
P.S. I see that there has been a similar Microsoft error recently:
I haven’t been able to find a reference to the same sort of problem with Google accounts, however.