How to select a specifica slice view within a dashboard view?

Hello alltogether,

I have made several table views based on a single slice. (I like the filtered slideshow mode and the fact that I can keep a single detail and form view instead of making each for each slice).
I wanted to filter the rows of the input of the slice depending on the view, that the user selects. Like that:

IFS(

Context(โ€œviewโ€) = โ€œTable 1โ€,
[Amount] = 1,

Context(โ€œviewโ€) = โ€œTable 2โ€,
[amount] = 2

Context(โ€œviewโ€) = โ€œTable 3โ€,
[amount] > 2

)

My problem is:
As I have put all of the tables "table 1, 2 and 3 into a single dashboard, the filter condition of โ€œview = table 1โ€ (and so on) are not recognized as a table view anymore. They are now implemented into one โ€œdashboard viewโ€.

I have tried to catch the tables with and() and or() and if() conditions. But it couldnโ€™t make it work.

Is there a way, how I can keep the structure (dashboard with all the tables), but apply the slice master filter on the table within the dashboard?

Thank you in advance

0 4 363
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope. Youโ€™ll need separate slices.

Hey Steve,

thank you for the quick answer :).

If I use for each table a separate slice:
Is there a way to refer them to one particular detail view that is related to the filtered data (so that I can use the slideshow mode within the filtered rows of the slice (where i selected the row in).
So that I do not end up in the not sorted and not filtered data?

You can create an action of type App: go to another view in this app to navigate to the common detail/slideshow view, then attach that action as the Row Selected event action for the deck, gallery, and/or table views the user might be coming from.

The potential headache here is that the order the rows are presented in the detail/slideshow view is determined by the detail/slideshow configuration, which is independent from the ordering of the deck/gallery/table view. So if the ordering is different, youโ€™ll need to handle that.

ok. thank you. i will try

Top Labels in this Space