How to set a default time

There is “Arrival Time” column in one table. Its type is “Time”. I understand that by default, user will see TIMENOW() when they enter the time. How do I set a specific time for example “09:00:00” as default value instead of TIMENOW()? Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 11 346
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you want to reset the existing record with 09:00:00, you need to set the option “Reset on edit” to ON. Please remember that it will do that every time when the record is opened if you don’t have any formula with it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Use “09:00:00” as the initial value.

I tried it. But user still see TIMENOW() as default. Or I missed up any step when I set “09:00:00” as initial value? Thank you for your advice.

They are probably using an older version. If you change that in the initial value, is your app preview (From the editor) showing it as “09:00:00”?

3X_9_2_9298e08cd6ff0b92a1b73c9e1ee7c037a5016bb9.png
This is what I see.

As a note… initial value is created only when the new record is created. It doesn’t change the value automatically or when that record is opened.

For the existing record, how to set default time like “09:00:00”?

What about the emulator preview? Does it show 09:00:00 when a new record is created?

Yes. It shows 09:00:00 when a new record is created.

If you want to reset the existing record with 09:00:00, you need to set the option “Reset on edit” to ON. Please remember that it will do that every time when the record is opened if you don’t have any formula with it.

I tried to turn on option “Reset on edit”. This is good option for me. I just need to add a condition so that it does not reset every time the record is opened. Thank you.

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space