How to set automatic restocking of the inventory

Hello there, rookie here. I have an Order Capture app (based on the Order Capture How to app) with a table “Catalogue” of items we hire out columns “Name”, “Item Id”, “Price”, “Stock” etc. A table of “Customers”, “New Hires/Orders”, with “Order Details” and slices for “Open” and “Completed Orders”.

In the Catalogue table I have a virtual column called “Related Order Details” REF_ROWS(“Order Details”, “Item Id”) and I set up another virtual column “Stock Calculation” with formula [Stock] - COUNT([Related Order Details]), which drops the “Stock” of the “Item Id” that I add to an “Open Order”. This works fine but I’m struggling to find a way to reset the “Item Id” stock to its original value once the Order becomes Complete and the item is returned.

At the moment the only workaround I managed to find is to have the “Stock” column (name displayed “Restock”) as a stepper number, find each Item Id that was hired and restock it manually. That sets the “Stock Calculation” to the right value but I’d like to know if there is a way to automatically restock an item without having to delete the order and related details once the order becomes Complete? I would like to be able to keep a record of all the Hires we have.

Thank you and apologies for the poem, I’m pretty new to all this and don’t know how to word things efficiently

Solved Solved
1 3 330
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You may wish to take a look at the reference actions that can implement conditional updates across tables on events such as form save. The sample app below updates children records based on the parent record changes. You could do a reverse way- update parent record “Catalogue” when an Order is complete in “New Hires/Orders”.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/This-app-shows-how-to-use-reference-actions?appGuidString=e76d2e73-...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You may wish to take a look at the reference actions that can implement conditional updates across tables on events such as form save. The sample app below updates children records based on the parent record changes. You could do a reverse way- update parent record “Catalogue” when an Order is complete in “New Hires/Orders”.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/This-app-shows-how-to-use-reference-actions?appGuidString=e76d2e73-...

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar that worked beautifully!

Thank you for this @Suvrutt_Gurjar , I’ll give it a try and report back!

Top Labels in this Space