How to set Date Format like this dd/MM/YYYY ...

How to set Date Format like this

dd/MM/YYYY ?

1 25 24.5K
25 REPLIES 25

Hi @thiru_pathi , please set data locales properly in data-> Tables option in app editor and back end spreadsheet.

This does not work when using a card!

The date format does not use the localisation format of UK

Also even when sent to UK locality, price Fields always show a dollar.

I think there are some minor bugs in formatting when localisation is set to a specific country.

There is a bug in the system that I am told the Google team are looking into. It only happens when using Google Chrome and quick edit. If the locales are set correctly date will show as dd/mm/yyyy everywhere else fine except quick edit.

In a price type column you have a bunch of currency symbols.
Here you can choose the right one for you.

Excellent, thanks. I found it now

This doesnt work for me as well!

There are 3 places you should make sure that all are set to a date format like UK date format: 1) Your mobile device or desktop browser locale setting 2) Table locale setting in the app definition 3) Spreadsheet locale setting

Here is the full article for more details: https://help.appsheet.com/ux/localize/locale-support-in-appsheet

Thanks

sonam2

Hi Community,

I am getting date format โ€œDD/MM/YYYYโ€ for the column โ€œSO Dateโ€ in google sheet and for the same column I am getting date format โ€œMM/DD/YYYYโ€ in the appsheet app. Can you help me to set date format โ€œDD/MM/YYYYโ€ in the appsheet

Hi Sonam,

Go to Browser settings and change the  language from English (United States) to English (United Kingdom)

thanks! solved

si necesitas enviar un mjs por whatsapp , tenes que configurar el dato como text, esto ayudara que te pase al formato deseado

text([date])

Thanks!

It works for me, and in fact it will work for anyone if you use the TEXT (TODAY (), โ€œDD / MM / YYYYโ€) function

Yes, it works
I use TEXT function in order to format a date

yo lo seteo con la funciรณn text(fields,"yyyymmdd2)

SUPERB !!!

Thanks a lot

I used TEXT([Date field],"ddmmmmyy") extremely helpful when playing around with date formats.

We use ISO date format, YYYY-MM-DD, for all dates, but with my localisation set to UK, I get the UK standard DD/MM/YYYY.  How do I get dates to appear in ISO format?

Did you try ([Date field],"yyyy-mm-dd")?

I put - TEXT([Installation completion date],"yyyy-mm-dd")  -  in the formula, and tried setting the type to Date and Text, and neither worked.  Not only that, but when I saved it I got an error message saying "TEXT function with two arguments requires a temporal type and text representing a date format", which is what I thought I had given it

Hello @erikfoxcroft.

This is very interesting.

Make sure that the [Installation completion date] is a date type, and the field that you put the formula in is a text type.

See image, works for me.

Naftuli_Singer_0-1682250811094.png

Naftuli_Singer_1-1682250825268.png

Thank you.  That lets me display the date in the correct format.

Presumably, however, I cannot edit the date in [Date format change] and have the change appear in the underlying spreadsheet

That's right.

To my knowledge, I don't know how you would achieve what you're looking for.

I understand that you want to be able to edit dates with the same format (YYYY-MM-DD), and also have that field as a date type for future analytics and variables.

What my brain is telling me (what I would have done), is to set the date field that you want to be the editable one as a text or number type with the restricted format, and then set a second date type field that would read the date from the first field by using combined formulas like SPLIT, RIGHT, LEFT etc and DATE, DAY, MONTH, YEAR etc.

That sounds as though it might work.  Or I could have a script on the sheet.

It seems odd, since a major source of data for these apps will be Sheets, that you cannot do the same sort of formatting in them as you can on a Sheet.  I guess this is still quite early in AppSheet development, so it may come later

I know.

I experienced the same issue once and it was quite frustrating.

I don't know which API appsheet is using to fetch data from the sheet, but it would definitely be a nice feature to have the date format replicated in appsheet.

Top Labels in this Space