How to set expression for monthly averages ? ...

How to set expression for monthly averages ? How to select all the months in a year?

0 7 442
7 REPLIES 7

Without seeing the structure, you should first calculate the monthly value. When you have it, AVERAGE can calculate the value for you.

@Aleksi_Alkio Deaar Aleksi, I have maintained a file of my personal expenses and income on daily basis since past 4 years. I have the big list of data. If i calculate the average of months individually then it will be very big formula.

Create 2 VCs to hold the YEAR and MONTH,

then calculate monthly average value for each month, using a formula such as: AVERAGE(SELECT(Table[INCOME],AND(MONTH([DATE])=[_THISROW].[MONTH],YEAR([DATE])=[_THISROW].[YEAR])))

@Bellave_Jayaram Thanks Jayaram.

@Bellave_Jayaram Dear Jayaram, I tried the expression you given, but there is an error, text and number cannot compare with list. How to resolve this?

Can you copy and paste the exact formula you have? Also, what is the data type of the VCs?

@Bellave_Jayaram VC type is list for both month and year.

Average(Select(Master[Amount],And([Type]=โ€œExpenseโ€,[Month]=[_thisrow].[VM])))

I have a master sheet in which I listed all the data.

[Type] is a column in which I enter expense/income. [Month] is in master sheet in which i already extracted the month name from the date. [Year] is in master sheet in which I extracted year .

Now I am working in a Sheet called โ€œaverageโ€ to calculate expense average of months and year, there is no need to show the month in the table but i need tp calculate average of all the months in the sheet and average of years.

vc app formula for month Master[Month]

Top Labels in this Space