How to setup Save File in Workflow

Hi all,

I have been trying to setup a second step in a workflow that is triggered when an addition or update is done to a table. The first step works because it is sending the email but not saving the pdf file to google drive. I have read documentation but even after doing as written not able to get file saved.

Attached is screen shot of the setup in the workflow.

0 6 1,457
6 REPLIES 6

You may want to check the audit history to see if there are any failures.

Did not find any light in the audit history. Any other pointers?

Please see if the PDF files is written to
โ€œ/appsheet/data/CocinaCaseraDB-811278/201903//AppSheetDoc20190329_170450_762.pdfโ€

If not, please update the โ€œFile Folder Pathโ€ in workflow rule โ€œSave PDF Fileโ€ to eliminate the trailing slash and then try again. In other words. change โ€œ201903/โ€ to โ€œ201903โ€.

It looks like the presence of the extra slash may be resulting in an invalid file name. Note that the file name contains two slashes in succession.

After you make this change, look at the Audit History for workflow rule โ€œSave PDF Fileโ€ and look for the โ€œFileNameโ€ property. It will tell you the name of the save file.

I have made a change that we detect when the โ€œFile Folder Pathโ€ contains either an opening or closing slash. If so, we automatically eliminate the unneeded slash characters. If testing goes well, this change will be released on Monday afternoon Seattle time.

In the interim, you can eliminate the problem by manually eliminating the trailing slash following โ€œ201903/โ€ in the โ€œFile Folder Pathโ€ in workflow rule โ€œSave PDF Fileโ€.

How do get my workfol to save to my secend drive and not my default.

@MagicMarsian88
You can only save files or images in the archive of the existing Appโ€™s drive. We can specify a location where the files can be saved. If you want to change the root folder of your app.

Go to Info -> Properties -> APP PROPERTIES -> Default app folder

But remind all your app related files, workflows, images will be saved in this location of the drive

Top Labels in this Space