How to show a field on a list but hide it on the detailed view?

IAR
Participant II

Hey there,

I need help figuring out how can I show one field on a list, while keeping it hidden on the detailed view.

For example:

I have a list of blue flowers (screenshot) and each row shows these fields:

• name
  • stock

On the detailed view (screenshot), its showing:

• name
  • stock
  • description
  • etc

I have another field, itโ€™s named short description which Iโ€™ve set as hidden. As such, it doesnt appear on the detailed view and thatโ€™s exactly what I want. But because of that, I canโ€™t show it on the list either (and this is what I would like to achieve).

Is there a work around?

Thank you.

Solved Solved
1 5 845
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Make sure the short description column has Show? set to ON.

Find the configuration for the table view of the data table and configure the columns you want displayed:

Then find the detail view or the same data table and configure the columns you want displayed there:

See also:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,
Follow the same steps:

Hey there,
Can you explain in more detail please?
I tried it but its not working.

The field Iโ€™m trying to work with is named โ€œShort descriptionโ€.
Itโ€™s currently a hidden field, as you can see on the second screenshot, it doesnโ€™t even show. And thatโ€™s fine.

But I would like that field โ€œShort descriptionโ€ to actually appear on the list view (first screenshot). Instead of the โ€œStockโ€ field, i would like to have the โ€œShort descriptionโ€.

Is this possible?

1. Select the List view in UX screen. Which will be called like Table Name_[Table|Inline] if you didnโ€™t create it manually. If you canโ€™t find it then go to the view on IDE and click on view name under the preview.
  2. Go View Options > Column Order and add you wish to show.

Make sure the short description column has Show? set to ON.

Find the configuration for the table view of the data table and configure the columns you want displayed:

Then find the detail view or the same data table and configure the columns you want displayed there:

See also:

This works. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space