How to show different Reference Column from Many-to-Many Table in Inline View

I have a table of Permits and Meters, with a many-to-many relation. In the bridge table I have columns for Permits_fk and Meters_fk with the Meters_fk marked as ‘Label’. When I select a Meter record my Inline view for Permits_Meters_Inline will show my Meter information and when I select a Permit record my Inline view will also show my Meter information.

Is there a way that when I look a Permit_Detail view my relation Inline view will show the meter information and vice versa when I look at a Meter_Detail view my relation Inline view will show the permit information? My thought was to do a show_if in the bridge table on the specific columns pending in which detail view I am in, but I have not tried this because I am uncertain how the ‘Label’ designation will work in regards to this and essentially toggling which column is shown depending on which view the inline view is shown from.

Solved Solved
0 4 436
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For something similar like this, what I did was:

1. Create a slice for the Bridge_Table for Meters, create table view for the slice, make position to left most. And similar for the 2nd slice for the Bridge_Table for Permits.

2. Arrange both tables view as you might want to see in each individual inline view.

3. Save, by making position to left-most or menu, system will generate all other required views.

4. Modify both REF_ROWS from table to point to the each slice. Please note that it might be better for testing to just create a new virtual column with REF_ROWS formula pointing to designated view of each slices.

Something like that.

Edit:
5. And make both slice view as Ref position after we are happy with it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

For something similar like this, what I did was:

1. Create a slice for the Bridge_Table for Meters, create table view for the slice, make position to left most. And similar for the 2nd slice for the Bridge_Table for Permits.

2. Arrange both tables view as you might want to see in each individual inline view.

3. Save, by making position to left-most or menu, system will generate all other required views.

4. Modify both REF_ROWS from table to point to the each slice. Please note that it might be better for testing to just create a new virtual column with REF_ROWS formula pointing to designated view of each slices.

Something like that.

Edit:
5. And make both slice view as Ref position after we are happy with it.

It seems I’m having a little trouble following your steps. In step 1 do you need a filter condition that points to [_THISROW] from either of the two tables? I tried doing ref-rows to one of my slices, but when I’m in my detail view, the column(ref to slice) does not show anything. Am I doing something wrong here?

No need to create filter condition for this view arrangement.

I just create a sample based on your description above, to make sure my understanding, is below picture represent what you want?

I ended up making it work. Thank you for the instructions.

Top Labels in this Space