How to show the action icon that attach to a column

I have an action that attach to a column. In table view, the column will hide data and show the action icon only. But when I change the action to attach to another column, the column shows data only. What the difference between these 2 columns, and how to show the action icon as default?

The action button display as default when attach to column B

But when I change the attach to column A, the table view will show the column A data, not the action button anymore
3X_1_1_11e8fcc0dd4e0fe796c5b9848d2d4ba4a4779792.gif

So, how can I change this behavior, make the column A show the action icon, not data?

0 5 546
5 REPLIES 5

What Iโ€™ve done in the past is to add a column called [Show Action] just so that I can associate the action with this blank column. If you change the display name to โ€œโ€ the App user wonโ€™t even realise

Thanks, thatโ€™ll help. But I want to know when it will show the action icon, and when it will show the data?

You canโ€™t really have it that way. A column can only either show the data OR the action. Hence why you need to use 2 columns to achieve this

Actually, I want column A to show the action, but it shows data instead. Iโ€™ve tried to attach the action to column B and it showed the action as I expected. But I donโ€™t know why column A shows data, and how to make it show the action

O I C. Change Prominence in the Action settings to โ€œDisplay Inlineโ€ and choose the column

Top Labels in this Space