How to stop column dereferences from including table name

I have Table A using dereference formulas in five columns. All work as intended, except for one which is adding the table name in front of each cell value.

The only thing unique about this column is that itโ€™s an image column type whereas the others are text column types. For example, the image name in Table B is โ€˜01003.jpegโ€™ and when itโ€™s copied to Table A itโ€™s showing up as โ€˜Table B:: 01003.jpegโ€™.

Does anyone know why thatโ€™s happening and how to have it only copy the filename over? FYI The image is in the same folder as my google sheet so the table name isnโ€™t necessary.

0 5 186
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please share a screenshot of a complete expression that produces the unexpected result.

Itโ€™s a spreadsheet column with an IF that chooses the artwork for the specific song at issue from the table Works. If the Works table doesnโ€™t have the specific artwork for this song, it reverts to a logo of the record label from the Directory table.

In either case, the artwork filename ends up copying to the spreadsheet like this:

Iโ€™d call this a bug. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

As a workaround, why not use a Virtual Column with the same expression?

Iโ€™ve used this exact technique for swapping a Contactโ€™s display image between a default one and a custom photo. Iโ€™m not sure why it doesnโ€™t work with a sheet column, though. I agree with @Steve, that does seem like a bug.

Thanks for the tip! I try to minimize virtual columns whenever possible, to improve sync time. Whatโ€™s more, in this case, I have one app that writes all of the data from Table B to Table A and another app that only has Table A (all in the interest of sync time). Accordingly, a virtual column wouldnโ€™t work because the referenced Table B isnโ€™t in the app. Iโ€™ll contact support though and see if they can figure it out.

Top Labels in this Space