How to tell the app user that it is necessary to refresh the page. Action, app version

UadoS
Participant I

Good day!

What if the user has not updated the application page in the browser for a long time, and after that has started working with the content to create, change or delete the content.
During this time, while the application page was not updated in the browser, the version of the application itself could change, some application functions could be supplemented or changed. And as a result, the information may not be recorded.
In this case, is it possible to create a condition under which the add, edit, and delete action buttons will stop working or will hide (after few hours) until the user refreshes the page?

P.S. Sorry my english is an online translator.

0 5 429
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Participant V

Enable Automatic updates:

3X_9_f_9f44ff1f7866348fd6278252d710e88af0328ce6.png

UadoS
Participant I

Thanks a lot for the answer.
Of course, I have this function enabled, but most likely this is not exactly the solution to the problem. If I do not update the bowser for a long time and then start changing something in the application, then the figure in the far right corner responsible for the number of changes only starts to increase, for some reason, the information does not enter the database, and I need have to press the reset button for the latest changes. After resetting changes and refreshing the page, the app continues to work as usual.

What if write a function on the principle of delay, after the delay expires, the button will simply hide. I think itโ€™s good idea. no button, no problem

Ya, its a great issue. There are a lot of this kind of issues. Following these silly limitations, it seems to me that AppSheet is in a Toy stage, even though there are some advantages. But the limitations are deplorable.

There is a solution but it can only be used if you are using very few tables in your app. You might have to setup this wherever it is required for individual table. 

Firstly, you need to add 2 column to your table one [Update Count on save] and [Automation update Count]

You need to create 2 actions

1. To set [Update Count on save]+1 Value. This action should be attached to on form save event.

2. To set [Automation update Count]+1 Value. This action should be an Automation bot for same table. Keep event condition for bot as 

[_THISROW_AFTER].[Update Count on save] <> [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Update Count on save]

Then you can use condition [Automation update Count] = [Update Count on save] in your edit, delete or any other actions. All those actions will only work once the condition is matched. That is only after the app is updated and data is fetched back from server.

Hi Rifad! Thanks.

Yah.

But one of the main limitations is that if you dont sync, it is not going to be updated for other users and Again the problem is that other users also need to sync. That means it is not automated. In addition, sync is a big issue as it bring all the data from server to local and all the calculation is on the basis of your local cache not on the basis of the server side. That means for any calculation is not guranteed correct as it is based on your local copy. Because during the calculation on your side the basis of calculation may get changed and your local copy will be updated only after sync from your side. For single user it is not a issue. But for multi user, I dont know if there is any solution. For non interactive module, it is OK.

Thanks again for sharing your idea.

Top Labels in this Space