How to trigger to create an inline view for a child table added later?

Hello,

Wondering if there is a way to trigger the appsheet to add an inline view for a child table that is added later on. I have added a virtual column and assigned the REF_ROWS Expression and its properly showing the Inline section in the detail view. But I dont see newtable_inline view in the editor like I have for all the old tables. Where is it taking that view from then. I want to customize the newtable_inline but its no where to be seen.

Solved Solved
0 6 241
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There are conditions (that I donโ€™t fully understand) when AppSheet does not automatically create inline views. But you can add them yourself without any problem. Simply create a card, deck, gallery, or table view (as you prefer) in the ref position for the child table. You can give the view any name you wantโ€“it neednโ€™t contain โ€œinlineโ€.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There are conditions (that I donโ€™t fully understand) when AppSheet does not automatically create inline views. But you can add them yourself without any problem. Simply create a card, deck, gallery, or table view (as you prefer) in the ref position for the child table. You can give the view any name you wantโ€“it neednโ€™t contain โ€œinlineโ€.

Ok but Where does it mention the connection. How does the detail view connects to that particular viewโ€ฆ When appsheet creates the inline views automatically, it automatically connects to the table_inline views( though I donโ€™t see the connection mentioned but I use them to cusomise those inline sections). So If I create the newtable_inline view , how do I instruct the app to use this particular view to show the inline view of this new table.

Try my suggestion. If it doesnโ€™t magically work, let me know.

The magic works Bro but with no clue how

When AppSheet goes to display a view, it looks for the configuration of an aggregate view in the ref position for the table or slice. If it finds one, it uses it. If it doesnโ€™t find one, a default view is used. The key here is that AppSheet goes looking for the view configurationโ€“there is no โ€œconnectionโ€ that needs to be made,

An โ€œaggregate viewโ€ is just about any view type that can display more than a single rowโ€™s data at a time: card, chart, deck, gallery, map, or table. Not included: detail, form, and onboarding.

Ok. Thx mateโ€ฆ That stabilises my confused state. Onto the next step nowโ€ฆ Letโ€™s see how it goes.

Top Labels in this Space