How to update all rows in a table from another table

Hi all…

Please, I need your help.

I have 2 tables, Owners and Tools. I have 361 rows data in Owners table and 487 rows data in Tools table that connected by IDOwner column. Some of owners have more than 1 tool.

I edited some rows data in Owners table. To update the Tools table, I manually edit one by one and it will takes a lot of time.

My question is how to solve this problem, so I don’t need a lot of time to update the table?

Sorry for my poor English. I hope you understand what I mean. Thank you for your help.

0 2 125
2 REPLIES 2

Hello and welcome to the community!

Please give us an example of the data change you’d like to implement and preferably share your source data sheet or a meaningful sample of it.

Thank you!

Steve
Participant V

It sounds like a row of the Tools table copies values from the associated row in the Owners table, and that you want these copied values to be updated in the Tools rows when the associated Owners row is updated.

The problem you have occurs because the columns in the Tools table are normal columns rather than virtual columns. Values of normal columns are updated only by making a change to their row. You could instead convert those columns to virtual columns, which are automatically updated. Virtual columns have some drawbacks, though, and may not be suitable for you.

See also:

Top Labels in this Space