How to Use URL as app type link

Has anyone every tried building a gallery view that uses 3 types of App type inputs

I have got the LINKTOFORM and LINKTOVIEW working together using an IFS expression, i am now trying to add external URL into the mix, but not really sure if it’s even possible

something like this,

IFS(
[Name] = “Update Contractors Database”, LINKTOVIEW( [View Link] ),
[Name] = “Add New Capital Expense”, LINKTOFORM(“Expenses_Form”, “Type”,“CAPex”),
[Name] = “View Income Statement”, LINKURL( [URL] )
)

I see the system is generating an action (Open URL) Perhaps LINKTOROW can be used here, am i on the right track?

0 3 222
3 REPLIES 3

GreenFlux
Participant V

Try using a grouped action that contains both the LINKTOVIEW/FORM action and the ‘open a website’ action. Then set a condition on each action that’s based on the row they clicked, so the correct action fires for each row and ignores the other action.

Thanks for the idea, if i can get the URL to work i can combine the other actions. Not having much luck though, im trying to set the Behavior condition to something like;

IF(
AND(
LOOKUP([_THISROW], “Categories”, “Name”, “Name”)=TRUE,
[Type] = “URL”),
TRUE,FALSE)

or do you think i will need an action for every single view (Row) using this method?

@GreenFlux gave such a perfect solution here I had to come back and contribute. Screenshots below and the detail is:
Create 3 actions for this Table
1 as your Grouped Action
The other 2 as your separate actions: a. Internal: Go to view in this app. b.External: Go to website
In your table add the system view or hyperlink you want for each row

In the Behavior section of each of the two “sub” Actions add your qualifier e.g. [ViewName]=“GotoSite” or [ViewName]<>“GotoSite”

Good luck!

And thanks Green Hornet! jk. GreenFlux!

Top Labels in this Space