How to write a formula Using Select or Sumifs in appsheet

hi i have created a table where i have columns named Start date and End date, and total column…

when a user selects start and end date…i want the total column to automatically fill the total from another table name activity, for data which falls between the start and end dates selected by the user

Solved Solved
0 4 2,988
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In your Total Column, you would inset an expression in the “App Formula” property. That expression would be like this:

SUM(
   SELECT(Your Table[Column to Sum], 
          AND(
              [_THISROW].[Start Date] <= [Row Date Column],
              [_THISROW].[End Date] >= [Row Date Column]          
         )       
   )
)

Be sure to replace the table name and column names with those in your app.

Also, you had said “data which falls between the start and end dates”. Adjust the operators however you see fit for your needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

In your Total Column, you would inset an expression in the “App Formula” property. That expression would be like this:

SUM(
   SELECT(Your Table[Column to Sum], 
          AND(
              [_THISROW].[Start Date] <= [Row Date Column],
              [_THISROW].[End Date] >= [Row Date Column]          
         )       
   )
)

Be sure to replace the table name and column names with those in your app.

Also, you had said “data which falls between the start and end dates”. Adjust the operators however you see fit for your needs.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Dear all;

I’m trying to do something like the above: to auto sum everyday ( by the day) the total amount of manufactured goods of every specific product in a industry, so I can build a stock control, and auto sum every dispatch of those products .

The data of the image above will be input only once a day. These are the goods produced.

3X_e_0_e0cc8c5bf1413731914a706acd892d1462e3193e.png

The image above will be filled with the amount of each product dispatched in that purchase order.

I’d like to summarize the daily inputs of production and the value of every kind of product dispatched by day into another table.

The above table will contemplate both production of goods, and dispatch of those.

Hopefully everything is well explained, and in advance, THANK YOU.

Regards;

Update:

It might have worked: the app doesn’t return the values from the sum, although the test of the equation does return the value, like the below:

3X_7_0_70bf7cac14227937b9cf8d627c156f6456d5ea08.png

3X_e_5_e51629e7ce8f6cd4522efbd53f8ee0688fe8ff2c.png

I’m still trying to figure out what is wrong with it, and still wondering if this update will trigger itself everyday.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Top Labels in this Space